Thursday, March 1, 2007

Oscar In Japan

I visited Japan the second time in the summer vacation between the fifth and sixth degree of college as an exchange student. I stayed there for two months. Not only good things happened. For example, I was scolded and humiliated by one Japanese professor in public. This unanticipated unpleasant affair had some following adverse effects when I was back to Taiwan. Anyway, it was a long long story. I just want to emphasize that, going abroad and doing an exchange student isn't as fun or cool as it sounds; at times you would stumble and fall down. Definitely, it depends on people. One senior colleague in my office just said to me one minute ago that, she noticed I was inclined to piss people off accidentally by uttering haphazard words. Mm, she can say that again. Bitter words are like swords; I was once hurt and hurting people by them, too. This can really be one of my drawbacks. Communication, communication............. to some people it means to persuade instead of being persuaded.
Anyhow, that journey to Japan is memorable. There was astonishing beauty of skyscrapers, temples, and nature. There were over-polite Japanese people. There was an adventure of famous gay blocks. There were arguments, anger, cold wars, and compromise with the mates from Taiwan. And on the photos with me are all Japanese classmates who were nice to me but lost contact afterwards. Everybody has his busy life to fight. No time to look back.

No comments: