Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Past/Oscar/Future

How do you feel about these pictures? Mm, I feel not bad. To a certain degree artistic and innovative. I'm the action director of these pictures, inspired by "Crouching Tigers, Hidden Dragons", Ann Lee's classic film. On the photos are me and my college classmates in our college days. I still remember that day I was sort of upset. It was because of another classmate who took this picture. I didn't like him much, but he showed up to join this tour in the last moment before we started. Anyhow, it was all past. He is now in Sao Tome and Principe serving his substitute military service as a physician in the local hospital. Good luck to him.
After nearly two months' leave from my home, I took this Chinese New Year vacation coming home. No surprise, I was utterly indulged in the warm sunshine and sweet air of hometown. It doesn't necessarily have to be stretching farms, sprawling mountains, busy harbours, clear rivers, etc. to make you touched, rest, and emancipated. It can be nothing but because it's your home: numerous small stores without high-rising department store, no luxurious restaurant but many attractive local desserts, beautiful parks, cheerful and prosperous festivals. The family, the home, the memory when I was with them and in it, are some things I can't live without. Do people call it nostalgia? Yeah, family affections are like a giant magnet, deeply attracting you wherever you go, whatever you do. The unfailing power refreshes itself if there is a new member participating, and goes stronger even if we lost someone.
You know, I really think I shall come back home to work, though there is no okay hospital there. But papa and mama are with me. No need for cars or commutation. We share all the housework. No need to pay apartment rent. I'm not lonely. Relatives are around. I can eat safe in my own kitchen. I really shall do that one day, right?

No comments: