Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Boy Four: He Sells Estee Lauder Cosmetics

Don't be surprised that AnnLee is a boy, though he sold Estee Lauder cosmetics in the department store.
AnnLee is two years younger than me; however, he entered the military system half a year earlier. After entering the Department Of Health, he works in the section which I did in the Bureau Of Medical Affairs. That's how I get to be familiar with him. And of course you can say he is my senior in the military service field. He helped me a lot actually. Not until I left his section did I realize this. From the first day I arrived, he had been friendly to me. He introduced me to other senior colleagues actively and acquainted me with the new environment, rendering me less alienated. This kind of thing is not a routine. I remembered in my hospital days when I took turns working in every different department, the old staff did not give us newcoming doctor a glimpse at all. Not to mention teaching how to survive an inexperienced condition. People were always callous; they'd rather see you fault and fall than spend time on a stranger. You see why AnnLee was distinctly favourable to me.

The reason I said I was late to appreciate AnnLee's favours is because I wasn't too contently happy in that section at that moment. I mentioned that my job was mostly like an office boy running errands others were reluctant to do. That's what we civil servicemen were for truthfully speaking. Knowing I was sort of embarrassingly unwilling, AnnLee shared the giant most of our work in common. Then I was even more embarrassed. Sounds funny. A 2-year-younger brother is more matured and understanding than I am. I don't infer AnLee is a strictly-behaved boy responsible for his missions or something. On the contrary, he more likely worships and carries hedonism. He smokes, bought LV bags for himself and his new girlfriend, played some tricks to enjoy a workday off, etc. But in spite of these tolerable flaws, when you have business to deal with him, you can find him communicable and reliable.
One month after I worked with AnnLee, I heard from colleagues that he was a salesman in the department store in 新竹 before his military service. He sold Estee Lauder cosmetics. He told me he hugely raised the sales on behalf of his spot. He impressed his boss very much and hence preserved himself a job after his military service. That isn't easy, especially in this time when good jobs are difficult to find at his so young age without distinguished academic records or background.
Yesterday I played some tennis with AnnLee. He was totally fresh, and did quite a few amazing shots though. His quick grasp of strokes reminds me of another boy in my school who played one month tennis with me, later on drifted apart from me and became a stranger to me. On the court last night, I had a talk with AnnLee. He was indeed eloquent and had a playful personality; no wonder he could qualify his salesman job. We shared some ideas about investments and future career. I was impressed by him; I know I knew nothing at all about life and the world at his age. Compared to the suppressive and over-self-esteemed Boy Three JayDavid, AnnLee is more convincing to me he can fit in a brilliant salesman career.

No comments: