Thursday, March 15, 2007

Oscar From The Blocks

"Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got. I am still Oscar from the blocks. Used to have a little now I have a lot, no matter where I go I know where I came from", Jennifer Lopez.
People go, people come, disputes amongst people never stop. One of my favorite TV shows is a reality series, "Who Is America's Next Top Model". I like it not only because it's about fashion, but because it's about competition. In our daily life, we need to pretend courteous and nice all the times to our colleagues. It makes sense, it's necessary, and I won't feel it hypocritical. But it's not always truthful. As a matter of fact, we will meet somebody we like, and simultaneously someone who sucks to us. Or the condition can be, that guy is not evil, he is kind, but he threatens or pressures our existence. What's worse, we have to deal with him all day long. Then, what's the next step? ANTM exposes the concealed and disguised parts in our daily life.
As one participant in it said, this is a competition for America's Next Top Model, not America's Next Best Friend. Nevertheless, this saying isn't all that right; on the contrary, there are many times we indeed desire somebody to give us a hand. You cannot achieve anything simply alone. To me, if misunderstandings are ubiquitous and disputes are inevitable, what matters most is to let the unpleasant affairs become a positive strength to hold us up instead of knocking us down. The judges in ANTM usually remind the contestants, don't let the trifling arguments in the dorm with other contestants interfere your performance, because if so, it's nonprofessional. No one will excuse you, sympathize you, until you really become somebody. As an audience, I also witness many participants hated by or hating another one. Between two participants, one goes up, and another goes down. Whether one concentrates on the business or competition differentiates the result.

No comments: