Monday, March 26, 2007

Boy Ten: I Just Don't Wanna Be Alone

Boy Ten lived in the room next next to mine in our dorm. He came to the Department Of Health two months later than I did. No offense, he wasn't as achieved as me in schooling. The college he attended I never heard of before. Besides, he is small and slim. He came from Kaohsiung, people where are characterized for being "local Taiwanese."
I dropped him I would go to Taipei Fine Art Museum last weekend. He quickly asked to go with me. He said it was hopelessly boring to stay in the dorm all weekend long. "Then why not go out", I asked. "I hated going out alone."
On the way to the museum, he told me he wished to make use of his one-year stay in Taipei during this substitute service to visit the most of the metropolis. He named a few places he'd been to. All were with one of his old classmates who worked by washing cars in the afternoon til 9 PM in Taipei. Mostly at midnight they two visited Taipei. "Before then he had to work."
I asked where he wanted to work after military service. "Definitely Kaohsiung." He is so close with his family. As a matter of fact, his mom's parents resided right next to his parents' home. "They usually borrow salt and oil when preparing dinner."
"What if you grow up, when friends have their own families to pay attention to, and no one accompanies you?" "It won't happen. Most classmates of mine in Kaohsiung are typically home-keeping boys. "
He emphasized, "Go out alone is pathetic." "Yet stay all weekend long in the dorm is no better."

No comments: