Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Dine With Boy Eight

I dined with DoveCalf last night. He was my peer of my team during the unforgettable military service last August. Tears and blood crammed that period. Many companions, including my roommate Mr. Jay, said they could take that experience easy and had forgotten about it. No. To me, it's beyond that. Therefore, it renders the dine with a peer of that time so elevating and refreshing.
Mr. DoveCalf is cute. He looks so much younger than what he actually is. Not too tall, but very fit. He owns a master degree in electronic engineering. We were allocated to separate units after that month, and at present, he serves as a civil serviceman in national fire agency in Taipei. Ironically, although our working place is near, the last time we met and dined was last year in Tainan City. Long lost friends we can be. And this time, we decided to meet again because I told him I am leaving this hectic and hilarious metropolis soon due to the superior's assignment. I feared missing this reunion was missing a lifetime chance. Thank God we make it. Thank Mr. DoveCalf for accompanying me.

I don't know Calf much actually, but more or less, during that month together in hell, he gave me a good impression. The classic type of "boy", real boy, not capricious me, not formidable New York doctors, not verjuiced Bill, not tough Michael, nor stubborn Jay. He preserves the real image to me: easy-going, nice, good at science, fond of basketball and video games. He can play dirty jokes, but watches his deed and words simultaneously. Maybe he is just common, but you gotta know to be ordinary is the most adorable trait. It implies a balanced development of growth. Or maybe he is not as common as I figure, but too little do I know him to mold him extraordinary.
In our dinner, he revealed some off and on parting and joining with his girlfriend. Why they parted he didn't give clear explanations, but they join together because they are used to each other, he said. I won't take it as a bad reason, especially after so many seasons of my loneliness. Sometimes, when you're jaded with work, when you're exhausted with life's load, when you're perplexed, when you're lost.......... a lover is sweeter than ice cream. On the contrary, there are times a lover you torture and puzzle you. Anyway, better there is than not. Nobody wants to wake up alone.

I recommend Calf to read 圍城 Fortress. Inside the book the famous saying goes, "Marriage is like a fortress, where insiders want to get out, and outsiders want to get in." Nevertheless, life is an one-way avenue. No one can regret and re-make choices. Pathetically, if you never get in, how to persuade yourself to stay out?

No comments: