Thursday, January 11, 2007

A'int It Goodbye

Yesterday in the English class, Nadia mentioned that our curriculum was running to the end, with only two or three classes left to go. After that, "I will miss you, guys." Ya, I'll be missing you, too, Nadia.
I just realized in these years that goodbye doesn't literally mean to see you again. In the vast majority of cases, goodbye means never to see that one for your lifetime. Although we try to persuade each other-- "keep in contact!", "see you soon!", or "I'll call you back!", we end out to be disconnected. After all, people come, people go, we have no choice but to occupy ourselves in establishing new relationships, to adapt ourselves to the changing circumstances, to let go what you grasped before, and to hold on to the ensuing target.
Recently I reviewed some name cards I was given. It brings a lot of memories in my recess of mind. One stranger gave me a hitch when I lost the last bus in the Young-Ming Mountains at night 6 years ago. I tried to follow the name card he gave me to mail him back, but the address account is not available; the name of his company even changes. One Japanese boy who was my closest friend in the English Camp in Australia 7 years ago gave me a name card, on which the e-mail account seems to be deleted, too. Not to mention lots of contact information of my other foreign classmates in Australia was missing. And funny to say, although I still had in my hand some e-mails of my exchange classmates all over the world when we visited Japan 3 years ago, I hesitated to contact them. I was jaded, and didn't know what to say.
What's even ironic, I hardly get a phone call, message, or a mail from my "7 years" college classmates. I tried to call a few of them; they were either so hectic to utter few words in response, or so tired and sleepy to mumble non-sense. They are hospital staff; I could comprehend it, yet I felt sad and helpless.
Yesterday, I assumed I would say goodbye to Nadia, and Julie the next. But right this morning, the situation somehow changed. My unreasonably gross freak Jackass jelly-head boss was mad at me and Michael without earthly an omen. Fuck it. He said, "You can leave our bureau any time if you could not keep up with my requests." I object to be insulted this way, and I'm fed up with working under this unpleasant pressure. I seriously asked things about the resignation. Every body told me, it's all up to him a piece of shit.
I seriously want to quit right now and move to the other bureau I was familiar with. And if it happens, it turns out to be Nadia and Julie to send me goodbye. And see, this is simply how goodbye is. Send people away while you are sent away. I will sincerely miss you, girls.

No comments: