Friday, January 12, 2007

Boy Three: He Was Sugarson

We all have the past. If you look back at my photos in this blog, you may be surprised how much I have transformed-- better or worse unknown. But he changes little. See, I believe you can recognize him at the first sight. I surfed the Internet and found out these precious photos. Yet what astonished me more is that his English name was sugar!!!! Then it must have been a bitter one.........
Alas, two elder senior officers from Ministry Of Foreign Affairs next to my office had a mad argument again on a tiny errand when I wrote this entry. Crazy World. Hey, aren't they sophisticated men?
Every man is a boy in the dim recess, no matter from Geneva or Marshall Islands, no matter being a Director-General or a handy boy. My first impression on Sugarson was, he was super decorous with decency. At that time, I was fed up with my job being an office boy on everybody's errands in another bureau. His invitations to his office and promises gave me a lot of dreams and aspirations. As most people can tell, he is sophisticated and strictly well mannered, and indeed, I learn a lot from him about how to deal with foreigners and how to speak diplomatic language.
However, as time went by, I get to know the deeper side, or you can say the more truthful aspect of him. His attitude is pushy; though he represses himself as a gentleman, there are times he loses control a little bit. At that time, he words are heart-breaking to us inferiors. It scares me. Day by day, I make up my mind to say goodbye to him.
I told to Sugarson my decision of resignation this morning. Of course I was rejected. What will be going on I don't know. Part of me laughs, part of me cries, and part of me wants to question why. One day I'm here, next I'm gone, yet no matter what life must go on.

No comments: