Thursday, January 25, 2007

Reveries

Right the moment I prepare to write some sentiments, our Taiwanese honours, Chan Yung-Jan and Chuang Chia-Yun, the tennis women's doubles pair who were underrated and unseeded before entering the Australian Open Slam, just swept away China's No. 2 seed duo by 6:3, 6:4 in the semi-final, and got the tickets for final, making an unprecedented all-time record in Taiwan's tennis history. What a splendid glory!
Well, it's strange. It's two strangers' business and has earthly nothing to do with me. So why, why am I excited, why do I feel dignified in this moment in time? There must be something linked between me and those two girls, one 22 of age and the other 17, both younger than me. Albeit I don't actively express respect for my nation during daily life, though our society have many disputes concerning domestic reforms in politics and policies, even if I am disappointed by government organizations and some officials, to name it, Peter Chang, certain pride and love of this land has been growing obscurely in my heart.
Then, how'bout my life now? I haven't updated my blog for a while. There is some giant change about my coming year's plan. Most important of all, I reject Peter's request to go to Marshall Islands and break up with him; I feel disheartened and discouraged to come this way along. I sense the inconsistency amid what Peter promised to me in the beginning, what I observe he does afterwords, and how people comment him. Following my obejction, our relationship becomes tense and scarred. As far as I'm concerned, there are principles and truths I think I shall cling to rather than compromise. Of course, nothing is purely good or entirely evil; there are many deals veiled and unknown to me the outsider. I 'm learning, and have learned a lot from him.
Last night I had a dinner with one section chief in my office. She is one of the numerous single office ladies I encounter, by far outnumbering what I supposed there were before I came to this department. These single ladies are gorgeous, beautiful, well-paid, scholarly, friendly, and anything that should not put them in the single status. So where have all the cowboys gone? Are these ladies lonesome? Were they heartbroken and incredulous of men since then? They are losing their capacity of childbearing; don't they yearn for having their own kids? Are they pressured by consensus from family and colleagues? Can they stand that? This is one of the few moments I'm thankful I'm a boy instead of a girl.

No comments: