Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Boy Twenty-Three: I'm 23, I Own My Store

Boy 23, A-Tze, aged 23, was my comrade in the same subgroup on 成功嶺. It was quite coincidental that me, Boy 1, and him, were all feminine to some degree....... I and Boy 1 are sissy behaviourally, while A-Tze has been beset by his unpleasantly feminine hoarse voice. And it was this coincidence that put we three together and become very good friends since then.

I've been impressed by A-ze's smartness on 成功嶺 by his good order in taking care of things, and believe he can be a reliable and responsible person. As I guess, he did a good job during substitute service, and left very good reputation.
The above is me and A-ze's cousin. After finishing the substitute service, A-ze becomes the comrade that has most frequent contact with me. I, A-ze, and his cousin went to KTV, visited the night market, and had a meal together quite a few times. But as I know, A-ze worked in a drink shop after service and didn't really make an ideal salary. He wasn't that willing to have interviews for company, much part because he wasn't satisfied with his own voice and didn't want to get hurt by this. Since I knew him, he has been tortured by some innocent insults and felt depressed many times.
But this changed since 3/17. On this day, A-ze's own tea shop opened in Tainan City.

It has been his dream to have his own store, and running a tea shop is his expert, for he worked in tea shops for quite a long time earning his own living fees when studying. This was what he told me on 成功嶺. But you know, at that time, 8 out of 10 boys would tell you he wanted to run a store, and I though to myself, guys, you were too young...... a long way to go, aah.......... But A-ze makes it.
Of course I know there are quite a few hardships waiting for him in terms of business. How to collect more customers, how to make the unique taste and own brand....... These are all puzzles hard to unwind. I cannot expect how much success he can make. So far as he told me, he worked 10AM to 10PM, Sunday to Monday, running a store all by himself. Woo, though we are slim, feminine, and "strawberries" like............., we are even tastier after trials.

No comments: