Friday, June 8, 2007

Boy Thirteen: Muscle

From these pictures I took, it's no too difficult to guess what Muscle does in the kindergarten. Day by day, he runs the same errands: wake up around 6:30 am, do the traffic guardian work for the puppies at 7:00 am, then clean the campus, sweep the leaves everywhere, wash the toilet, dump the trash, and mop the floor afterwards, inclusive of warming the drinks and distribute to the kids at team time. Sounds stupid, right........... that's how our government make use of the human sources of college graduates. Muscle gets his name because he is really muscular with six distinct bellies and pronounced breast curves, according to his neighboring member of our second team in Victory Hills. At that time we were in separate dorms, so I didn't know him until I, him, and another two guys were appointed to work together during a match, "Four persons two feet." We started very sluggishly but turned out pretty fast and smooth, attributing mostly to his great strength. We talked very little, though, one for our practice time was short and limited, and the other for he is a man of few words.
After departure, I though we would have never met again. But in one reunion with other comrades, I heard Muscle serves his substitute service in one kindergarten in a small town near my hometown. I was so curious what he would do there. So, after I finished part of my substitute service in Taipei, I came back to Tainan and dropped by him. It must have been very weird and surprising to him for my sudden appearance, now I recall. Muscle has no complaints about current work. I would grumble and condemn a lot if it were me. He is still what I thought of him in my mind, wordless, simple minded, naive, sunny, sporty, and....muscular. He has a signature standing stance, that is, separate the two feet wide, which looks so masculine. But incredibly, such a charming boy hasn't found his destiny's child. He told me, after work, he goes to the gym regularly each day for two years, and he has to come back to the kindergarten early before 8 pm, because the school location is too bleak, and he is afraid to ride a long way alone in the utter darkness. Oops. I told him I sometimes rode a bike at midnight everywhere around my home alone. Darkness and loneliness cannot get me, in spite I am so sissy and frail. I am super glad Muscle still remembers me. He said I was too impressive to forget, for I did some special performance in the Victory Hills. He also said, he felt surprised we lived in the same hometown, for our town is more.......... conservative and countryside, and I am too much for it. Well, I don't know it's compliment or not, but anyhow, I make a place in a person I care. Muscle boy, I'll see you soon, I swear.

No comments: