Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Not Lost, Just Undiscovered

Life is charming. It's a flower, so precious in my hands, and I keep on smiling, so the world will smile with me.
Recently I lead a content life. It doesn't mean everything is OK. Just don't know why, I carry a merry mood. Is it a metamorphosis? Well, some things uncomfortable happened to me still. For example, the deputy superintendent has been requiring me to write a lot of notes. I don't bother to do that, for I thin I'm only paid NT8000 per month. And on contrast, my classmates, who skip the military service, have the payments of nearly NT10,000 doing quite the similar things as I do. So gross. And what can I say? Shall I be that cheap simply because I'm serving the obligatory service? Don't I deserve more?
Just small tiny complaints, proving that I don't really lead a perfect life. So what makes me easy? One reason I guess is because the pressure and loading is low, no need to please the supervisor, no need to follow the rules. You know, since the hospital doesn't pay me, I don't care how they feel about me. Nevertheless I don't practice sloth, I'm not evading the duty, I still offer reasonable and sensible medical care to my 20 patients. Yeah, twenty. The bullying boss can't ask more, can him?
What's more, I've been lucky. To serve the military service can be an unfortunate beginning. Compared to my peers who skip the service, I lost at least one million NT dollars this year. Sounds like a guiltless punishment, right? However, I turn setbacks into advantages to me. During the process, from the Victory Hill, Bureau Of Medical Affairs, Bureau Of International Cooperation, 樂生 Sanatorium, to upcoming 恆春 hospital, I feel different worlds I never expected I would know, and meet a lot of fun people, who open up my eyes, induce me to be sophisticated, and inspire me to be truthful to myself. I need to confess that, there are good times and of course bad times; the later more often than the former. That's life. Unavoidable. However, it's a bittersweet symphony. I make the best from it, strive for my own, and enjoy the as most as possible of life, which is one way navigation: once you get on board, say goodbye 'cause you can't go back. No regrets.
Therefore, in the end, the last but not the least, I must dedicate my enormous thanks to people who render me this lucky. That's my fellow workers in my going this long way. As you can see in the photos below, and others appearing in any entry of mine, these people are so amusing and have a signature look and character. For sure, not all the times we reached palatable agreements when we were together; as I said, the bad accompanied the good. But friends are not meant to be perfect to oneself. To me, they occupy a splendid moment of my life. They are unforgettable figures who make my life shine, make me lucky, make me smile, and make me realize that life is charming and so precious in my hands, and I'll keep on smiling, so the world will smile with me.
My readers, my lovers, please keep on putting your faith in me and supporting this blog. Sometimes its seems I disappear. No, no, I'm not lost, not even over, just undiscovered. You'll see.

No comments: