Thursday, May 3, 2007

Boy Twelve: Chinmen Wonder Boy

The only time I visited Chinmen so far goes back when I'm in high school. Most details I've forgotten. The cabbage were crispy, the wall left enormous shot hole son it. Young and brilliant were the soldiers who made the Chinmen so masculine in my adolescent mind.

Afterwards, I didn't meet any person from Chinmen, until in my last days staying the Bureau Of Medical Affairs. I met No. Twelve, WaterBoy, my fellow worker. He names himself WaterBoy, but as a matter of fact, I've been thinking he is a Wonder Boy: tall, strong, one girl friend record. Frankly, he doesn't impress me much at the first sight. But I got to know him little by little as time went by from himself and mostly others. He had excellent grades in college. His basketball team in college used to be formidable. He is out-going and easy-going, plays the archery and climbs mountains higher than 3000 m after work. Sounds cool, right? Besides, he is tender and polite. Reviewing his blog you can see many positive messages, in contrast to my eccentric aberrant murmuring. Worthy of the name, Wonder Boy. However, Wonder makes me wonder. Once he told me, he felt lonely about being alone, after ending a 6-year romance in one year. I was stunned by his saying. Come on, I suppose his life is fantastic, which is not false yet. So many extracurricular activities; think about it, how many Taiwanese men will play archery after work? (Jesus Christ. We are only indulged in KTV and marijuana.) Especially men like him-- no defence, probably prejudice, but in my recognition, or to a certain degree misunderstanding, such kind of bold dude, school team superstar, highly educated Prince Charming, always enjoy their life at their will being promiscuous/popular, arrogant/confident, epicurean/playful. I can't believe he has worries, not to mention worries of loneliness.
The only explanation I guess is, that's the Chinmen style. I see inside the masculine trunk hides feminine sensitivity. That's the way Chinmen goes. Lovely. Anyway, Wonder is really tortured for haven't found a Destiny's Child. As we all agree, it's not at all a problem; such kind of boy is roast mutton on the grasslands, gulped down sooner or later. Even so, it's still cool at young one senses lonesome and feels tortures. Just has to feel, feel real love, real sorrow, real vacuum, real pain. Make a boy like a man. So, go go Chinmen boy!

P.S. Chinmen, 金門, an islet of Taiwan, in the Strait Of Taiwan, between Island of Taiwan and Mainland China

No comments: