Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Goodbye My Love, Julie

On hearing Julie is leaving for US this week for graduate programs, I felt one important part of my soul was stolen and lost. I should have hailed for Julie, since she is striving for a higher ground, and she will achieve more than what she had done so much. But, oh, Julie, I just don't wanna miss you.
Julie, my soul mate in the Bureau Of International Cooperation, counted more than a friend or an English teacher did. So many nights after language classes, she accompanied me in the metro station, listened to my stories, sharing my unspoken secrets, pacifying my worries and fears about personal and vocational careers. She didn't necessarily offer precise directions or instructions; however, her understandings and compassion filled each empty hole in the recess of my heart.
Later on, I left BIC, and was dispatched to the southernmost town. Life is so simple and joyful here that I lost touch with Julie til now, when she is going to be gone. In these days, I was again and again reminded of demobilization; I nearly neglected one of my most important friends is leaving me, too.
The airport is the direction you choose to leave. Memories are the belief when I am lost. Trams passing, stations crowded, this time you aren't here with me. Bliss takes a pair of wings, flying me in the faithful direction to the very faraway. Practice being strong, learn casting away the sorrows. I think, in that period, my happiness was all because of you.

No comments: